On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 23:23:18 +0000, L Duperval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with OOo 3.0. I have a book where I insert
> chapters and each chapter must restart at 1.
>
> I tried two approaches:
>
> - Define a paragraph style with a page break, but when I do, the first
> page of the chapter is sent on page 2.
>
> - I tried defining a Title style for my chapters which for it to start
> with a page break. But then, the page number of the first page is 0
> instead of 1 even if I set the offset to 2.
>
> Is this a bug in OOo3 (on Linux) or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks,

Found it: turns out OOo doesn't completely ignore the styles in the
inserted documents. My "Title" style in some of the documents had a
"Insert page break" in them.

The master document's style with the same name did have a page break, yet
the one in the subdocument was still being honoured. That's what was
causing all my numbering issues.

Get free public speaking and communication tips
by registering at http://www.duperval.com

Bring out the speaker in you!