Hi,

I have an extensive spreadsheet on Calc 3.0 that contains many, many
calculations, although none circular, to my knowledge.

.

I have merged a few cells and entered a SUM formula in there to
provide a numerical result. I have a coloumn next to that that takes
the AVERAGE of all the merged cells and represents it as a single
number.

 I recently added a 10th merged cell to the AVERAGE formula and the
result came back that it cannot divide by zero, however the result is
far far away from zero if I calculate manually.

I worked around the error by doing a SUM of the merged cells and then
dividing by the number of merged cells and this displayed the correct
answer.

It would be nice to know that the functions included in Calc actually
work though, without having to know a long work around.

Any ideas?

Regards
Hylton

PS: Spreadsheet can be mailed to you on request.