adaptent wrote:
I was able to properly install OpenOffice by using the "Repair" option which automatically installed the newer version 2.4. I do need to move it to the D: folder, since my SCSI C: drive is getting filled up, and my D: drive is much larger.

Thanks!

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Knott" <james.kn...@rogers.com>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <adapt...@windstream.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Problems

adaptent wrote:
I have tried to install OpenOffice v. 2.4.1. The download completes, and the installation is made from the desk icon. However, the program appears to have been downloaded to my Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop, whereas I wanted to install it on my larger disk rather than the main disk. Nothing is working, and I have no idea how to access the proper archives that are listed on your help page.

If it is not possible to install this program on my Windows XP workstation, please let me know so that I can uninstall, or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Weldon Vlasak

I suspect you're looking at the installation files in your My Documents
folder.  OpenOffice.org normally installs under C:\Program files, but
you can change that with a custom install.  If OpenOffice is installed,
there should be an OpenOffice folder & icons in your Start menu.  If you
don't see those, then it's not installed.  If it isn't, go into that
folder containing the install files and double click on SETUP.EXE to
start the installation.

Hi Weldon

I think what you need is to do a "Custom" installation, which allows you to choose where the program is installed. You may need to uninstall your present set-up first.

An alternative may be to leave the present situation, but adjust your Path to save new documents on the D: drive. Go to "Tools - Options- Paths" and edit the path to "My Documents." That way your new data files would be on D:

HTH

Russell