JOE Conner wrote:
Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
efr...@nc.rr.com wrote:
Maybe I'm just too stupid to use Open Office. If so I need to know now so I can find an alternative. I've used MS Works in the past but on this computer I only had Corel Word Perfect OEM and I wanted a Spreadsheet, Data Base, etc so I searched around and found Open Office. Now I have OO installed but I can't pull up my MSWorks files (letters, spreadsheets, etc) and read them on OO. I tried the Dell Compatability Wizard but either I don't know how to use it or it isn't working w/OO. What do I need to do to be able to use my old Works items on OO. I've got yrs of correspondence and spreadsheets and a database that I'd hate to lose. Thanks

It's not you. OOo does not open or import MS Works files.
This FAQ summarises your choices:  http://is.gd/hd9w

--Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project Co-Lead

I understand that OxygenOffice has filters to import works files.

Yes, that is one of the choices listed in that FAQ.

--Jean