NoOp wrote:
The WinXPPro machine that I installed 3.0.1 on had 3.0 installed.  (also
has 2.4 on it - still working). When I did the 3.0.1 it didn't ask me to
transfer settings, or anything, just to restart to complete the
installation. version.ini is showing buildid=300m15(Build:9379). Also
note that I didn't use the JRE version as I already have JRE 11 installed.

Another data point: I just installed 3.0.1 on a WinXP machine that had 3.0 installed, and it did NOT ask me to reboot. I also used the without-JRE version. Same build info as yours.

Hmm, let's see, this is WinXPProSP3 (can't recall if we've mentioned which SP before).

OT: I also just now installed OOo3.0.1 on a Mac PPC laptop, for test purposes. Now I've got 3 machines running OOo3.0.1 on different platforms. Good way to check for platform-specific differences, and go nuts in the process. :-)

--Jean