McLauchlan, Kevin wrote:
Ooo 3.0.1 on Windows XP Pro X64.

What's the setting to tell a table to keep its heading row on the same
page as the first row of the table?

I just edited my document, causing text to re-flow, and the first row of
my table jumped to a new page, but the heading is still sitting behind,
looking stupid and alone in the middle of the previous page, with a big
white-space gap below it.

Repeating table heading rows are turned off, because my cells are big
(pictures) and my pages are small, so I'm already pressed for space.  I
tried modifying the Text Flow settings of "Table Heading" style to "Keep
with Next", but that had no effect.

It happens that the first two content rows of my table fit nicely on the
heading row??

Kevin, I think I can help you sort this out, if someone else doesn't do it first. Just give me a few hours to do some other chores and I'll get back to you. Meanwhile, you could look in the "Working with Tables" chapter of the Writer Guide to see if has any clues, though I can't recall whether it includes all the solutions to "gotchas" I've encountered. I have seen the problem you mention, but I don't remember what the solution was. But given a bit of time, I'm sure I can find it!

I've seen Brian Barker's response to you, and yours to him, but not had time to digest them. Hang in there! Do not despair.

--Jean