Hi,

I'm sorry that I overlooked this when it was posted. I now found it by
luck. As it was a direct question to me I will answer it even if it
might be a little bit outdated.

NoOp wrote:

> On 11/21/2008 12:40 AM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> NoOp wrote:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> Also, note that StarOffice 9 (yet to be fully released) may have the
>>> same issues. However, generally Sun/SO tend to use OOo as a testing
>>> ground (hence the delay in releasing SO9), so perhaps they will have
>>> addressed the problem by the time they release.
>>
>> Sorry, but that's not true. Please don't create urban legends.
>>
>> The only reason for the delay in the SO release is that it's faster to
>> offer something for download than bringing it into the necessary
>> distribution channels. But they always use the same code base.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mathias
>>

> Thank you for the correction/clarification.
>
> So a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Would these SO8 fixes then correspond with OOo fixes?
> <http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-120184-16-1>
> [issues with digits greater than 5]
>
> 2. Given that fixes in #1 with digits greater than 5 are (as I
> understand it) StarOffice fixes rather than OOo fixes, is it not
> possible that the issue noted in this thread may have been fixed in the
> SO9 release?

The Sun developers use three(!) different bug tracking systems. Most
issues are collected in the OOo Issue Tracker. Only few issues are
tracked in the former StarOffice bug tracker, most of them are issues
created from the crash report database that collects the crash report
data users have sent to us. The thirs bug tracking system is for Sun
customer escalations, these are the issues with more than 5 digits.
Sometimes we created duplicates in the OOo Issues Tracker for them, but
this is not always possible as we have to respect the privacy of our
customers.

Though we have these three bug tracking systems, the fixes for all
issues go into one source only - the OOo souce. StarOffice is using the
same source code base as OOo.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".