On 2009/02/13 9:52 PM  Barb and Ron wrote:
re: Open Office won't open, won't quite, won't drag to trash

Hello,

Last year I installed open office 2.4 mac. It didn't work, and now don't need it.

I'm guessing that you are using OS 10.5.xx Leopard. There was a problem with OO.o 2.4 and X11 on Leopard. I'd suggest trying OO.o 3.0.1. It doesn't require X11 and works very well under Leopard. It is available from
http://download.openoffice.org/

So I've dragged the X11 Icon to the trash. But I cannot drag the remaining OO 2.4 "Icon" from the "Dock" to the trash. Nor could I get OO to open or quit or do anything but have a small black and white round icon show up and occasionally do a quarter turn.

So no matter what I do, I can't get rid of the OO icon in the dock. Also, I can't even find the openoffice application in the applications folder. Perhaps did it install to the wrong folder. How can I find and fully delete open office 2.4
Removing the icon from the Dock does not uninstall the application. It only
removes the icon from the Dock. Right click on the icon, then click on 'Show in
Finder' and you will find where it is located. Then you will be able to delete
it. Then I suggest you try OO.o 3.0.1.

P.S. – Do not uninstall X11. It may be needed for other programs you may have
or want to use in the future.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese