subratan...@punjlloyd.com wrote:
Hello,
I am a new user of OOo and recently I have installed in 16 PC all are using XP as OS. Previously we ware using MSO and few features found and extensively used by our users are missing.

In Excel (Ctrl+D) it copies the contents of the above cell. now this is not possible? (in calc It show a list and only text are displayed)
With Regards,

SUBRATA NATH  -  ( ISD / AS-01 / PLL )
We shall over come, some day, deep in my heart , I do believe, that we shall over come some day.......
I simply use up-arrow, Ctrl+C, Down-arrow, Ctrl+V to do this when needed. However, you could record a macro (or write one if necessary), and then assign it to Ctrl+D.
To record the macro, do this:
1. In Calc, with any spreadsheet loaded, find an area where you can execute the process by hand.
2.  Click Tools/Macros/Record Macros
3. Execute the steps I indicated above: Up-arrow, Ctrl+C, Down-arrow, Ctrl+V
4.  Click Stop Recording
5.  A box called "OpenOffice.org Basic Macros" should appear.
6.  Double-click "My Macros"
7. Click on "New Library". Type a name, like "Calc" and click OK (If you have previously created a library, you might want toskip this line and use it.) 8. Click on the library (Calc or whatever you have decided on) and click on "New Module". Type a descriptive name like CtrlD, and click OK.
9.  Click Save

To make the assignment, do this
1.  Click Tools/Customize
2. In the Category box scroll down to OpenOffice.org Macros, locate the macro ("My Macros" will here simply be "user") and click on it
3.  In the "Shortcut keys" box scroll to Ctrl+D and click on it
4.  Click Modify and click OK

Hope this is clear and  works for you.