I have a formula in Writer 3.01 (Ubuntu Intrepid) which almost works.
The code is:

left lbrace alignl stack {left [ +liquid right ]~"___"~"]"rsub word #
left [ +nasal right ]~"___"~"]"rsub ~"___"~"]"rsub word # left [ stack
{+syllabic} # {+front} right ]~"___"~"]"rsub word  # "___ " _word left
[ +syllabic right ] }  right rbrace

You can test this by copying and pasting the above code into the
formula editor in your installation of OOo. (But watch out for the line
endings that my e-mail client may have entered.)

The problem is "left [ stack {+syllabic} # {+front} right ]
~"___"~"]"rsub word." This is supposed to stack, but it does not.

The only thing I can think of is that there might be a limitation in
OOo Math where you can have only one stack in a formula - i.e., you
can't nest a stack within a stack. If that is so, then I am stuck. But
if the problem is just that I haven't got the code right, I'm hoping
there is an expert on formulas here who can tell me what is wrong.