On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:22:42 -0400
Came this utterance formulated by Darlene/Jim to my mailbox:

> I have a a desktop computer (Win XP) and a laptop (MAC Leopard)., Can
> I share Excel files and Numbers files between these operating systems
> with OpenOffive and if yes can you opnt me in the direction of the
> proper read me file so I can figure out how..
> Thank You
> Jim Aberdeen

You don't need OpenOffice.org to do this
http://www.apple.com/iwork/numbers/
[quote]
Share your Numbers spreadsheets with anyone on a Mac or PC. You can open
Microsoft Excel files in Numbers and save your Numbers spreadsheets as
Excel files.
[/quote]

So it is probably better to check out help in the program you have. Just
type in "Excel" or "xls".

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416