I've just added a second (now, dual) head to my machine, and everything
else seems to work.

Problem:
1. Login and all's well.  Run any other applications.
2. Launch OpenOffice (either writer or spreadsheet)
3. The 'OpenOffice 2.3' splash window appears, then X crashes.
4. The Fedora login box appears.

The problem is 100% reproducible, and happens with either a user or root
logon.

This problem does NOT happen with an xorg.conf that enables either of
the two heads alone.

Thumbnail system specs:
        Fedora 8 (kernel 2.6.2.8-57.fc8)
        OpenOffice 2.3  (I don't see an RPM for 3.01 yet?)
        Video devices are (1) integrated intel chip, (2) nVidia 8400GS
        Drivers are intel and nvidia

(FWIW: I've had trouble getting dual display to work with XRandR, so
would prefer to stay with Xinerama for awhile.)

Suggestions?

Thanks!