Where should I go with my Impress problem?

Here is good. This is a group of fellow users numbering in their
thousands that are willing to help each other with problems.

This is my problem:

In OO Impress, on my notes pages, the slide itself appears only on the first page, and there it is actually portrait-shaped while my actual slides have the usual landscape format, in other words: the aspect ratio is strongly changed.

The problem may be caused by the fact that I used a Powerpoint skeleton from my university and converted that to .odp. But then I suppose I must be able to repair the above problem? Or is this an OO bug? I'd love to use OO Impress because I hate all these people virtually equating a computer slides presentation to "a powerpoint".

Note that I am not new to Impress.

reinier