On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:19:21 +0000 (UTC)
Came this utterance formulated by Chris Taylor to my mailbox:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:59:28 +0000, Chris Taylor wrote:
>
> > I have a Quattro Pro File that I would like to open I can't remember
> > witch version it was written in as I had a few. was a windows
> > version. I can't get it to open in OO ver 3 Linux Can anyone help me

What you have here is a case of vendor lock-in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendor_lock-in#Lock-in_in_electronics_and_computers

The solution (one solution?) is to download the trial version of
Wordperfect Office and use it to export the spreadsheet files in a less
proprietary format. I see Wordperfect Office now supports ODF but i do
not know at what level.
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1207939621182#tabview=tab0

You will have to do this on a Windows machine as they do not support
other platforms.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416