On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 15:14:03 PM -0700, NoOp wrote:

> Congratulations! You can find logos etc here:
> http://marketing.openoffice.org/marketing_where.html

The material at that URL may be useless in this particular
case. Please note that, even if the subject of the message also
mentioned OpenOffice, the body seems to indicate that what Peter's
group would actually like to do is promote **OpenDocument**:

> > had agreed to be first group to use only ODT and preparing
> > university to do so. Majority of lecturers already used ODT for
> > year. We would like to show our decision by an logotype "We use
> > only Open Document format" but we were not to find such official
> > logotype

At least visually, the logos and other stuff at the URL above only
promote OpenOffice, not OpenDocument per se.

Imagine an "OpenOffice only Group", with OOo logos proudly scattered
all over your website and documents, that only produces, accepts and
distributes documents in MS Office formats.

Such a group would be worst than one which only uses MS Office but
only produces, accepts and distributes documents in ODF formats. See
thing #3 at http://digifreedom.net/node/56 .

So Peter and his group need to decide what they want to promote more,
the format or the single application. Both are fine, of course, but
they're not the same thing, nor they should be. But if one wants to
specifically promote ODF rather than OOo, then the right resources are
those I already pointed out in my previous messages, ie the ODF
alliance or the ODF fellowship.

Marco Fioretti
http://mfioretti.com/everybodys-guide-opendocument
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84