Keith Bainbridge wrote:
The last time I saw a floppy in Windows it was a: (you could get b:
but that was getting rare 15 years ago.

You are using your file manager (Windows Explorer ?) so your problem
is really with that software. The fact that it is a file you created
in OOo is co-incidental.

As I saw someone hinting a while back, have you tried using the save
as command in OOo?

Keith Bainbridge

<snip>

I ended buying an external floppy drive for my last laptop.
The same things goes with how long ago I saw a software install
using floppies.  I use to use it to transfer small files before
the USB ports became popular (at least the front ones).  Why
use floppies (I used every size ever made for a PC) when you
now can use thumb drives.

I tried some software a while ago and they think
B:\file.doc is an error.

Have not tried it with OOo, but I could look for floppy disks
and try it on my desktop/server (need to use my external floppy
drive) running Win2000, or a laptop running XP/pro, or even
a Vista/home/prem laptop.  There is just the problems that
some systems no longer support B: since the desktops and laptops
no longer have one internally.

Good Luck