donald pric schrieb:
Dear Users:

I want to install Open Office and uninstall MS Office. Will my Word documents be able to be opened by non-Open Office people if I accept all file extensions during the Open Office download.
When not saving to the default Open Document Format there may be some differences in the documents design/layout. But in my experience this is caused by missing fonts on the computer where the documente is displayed. But this issue is not related to openOffice.

Very important to me as the file I need other pople to open is my resume and I
ned a new job.

If you want to apply for a new job send your resume as PDF!
In OpenOffice you can export directly to pdf, this will ensure that everybody reads your document as you wrote it.
With PDFTK you can combine several PDFs to one single pdfs.
-> it is easier to open and print a single PDF.
This link is to the portable edition of PDFTK
(can be installed on a USB-flash drive or without administrator privileges
http://portableapps.com/apps/office/pdftk_builder_portable

Franz