Thanks for the heads up.

Suzanne L. Perry  P O Box 7493  Louisville, KY 40257-0493  Phone: 502-424-5435
Phone: 502-317-1307  E-mail: sl...@yahoo.com

--- On Tue, 4/7/09, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [users]  Re: Threads
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 8:19 PM

On 04/06/2009 03:50 PM, S Perry wrote:
> Dear NoOp,
>
> Perhaps you don't realize that I was responding to the most recent post,
> which often does not include the entire thread.  I certainly have no desire
> to destroy your mental health, my humblest apologies.  If you check your last
> post directed to me, you will see that your response, while carrying the same
> subject, did not include the entire thread.  Personally, I believe your
> response should have carried a new subject, not "Re: Writer: Highlight row,"
> since it provided no input or solution to the problem at hand.
>
> HTH
>

> Suzanne L. Perry
[snip]

I see... well perhaps you don't realize that when you respond to a
recent post without continuing the thread you actually start a new
thread/post each time. For example, this post:

<http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=194271&raw=true>

There is no 'References:' or 'In-Reply-to' header in your message -
meaning that you _didn't_ reply to the thread, you instead started a
_new_ thread. To see what I am referring to see:

<http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=194269&raw=true>

See the header that shows:
That is your post that I responded to.

It appears that you are using a web interface to respond to the list:
There is a way to use it to maintain the thread... I've a friend that
uses the same to respond to a linux users list so I'll ask him how he
does it. He still can't limit his lines to 80 characters, but at least
his responses are threaded.