At 15:01 12/04/2009 +1000, Jean Lear wrote:
I copy some answers I read in the Users Group e mails to an Open Office file to have them for future reference. I paste these to the writer file as unformatted text and then delete unwanted parts. This pastes the text as part lines. I think the file could really be reduced to about half length of what it is if I could make the text go right across the page instead of staying the line length as it was in the e mail. If I highlighted the text Is there something magic hidden in Open Office that I could use to make the text full line length. I know I can do it a line at a time but that is time consuming.

o  Go to Tools | AutoCorrect... | Options.
o Ensure that "Combine single line paragraphs if length greater than 50%" is ticked.
o  (If desired, select that line and click Edit... to change the 50% value.)
o  Select the material that you wish to compress.
o In the Apply Style box in the Formatting toolbar, ensure that Default is displayed (indicating that the material has the Default paragraph style).
o  Go to Format | AutoFormat > | Apply.

I trust this is sufficiently "magic"!

Brian Barker