Well... I guess there's one little caveat: It's GPL'ed, isn't it?
This means: if you intend on selling a product built on code from Openoffice, you're required to release your code under the same license. But I don't think that's a big problem.

(please correct me if I'm wrong)

Jurgen.

James Knott wrote:
Tudor Tudor wrote:
Hello, i am a young programmer, a student, and i am searching for a text
editor free of charge to use in a program that i want to make.

This program will help create legal documents (i am working in a notariat
(notary)).

I want o make some money from this program so i am using "lazarus" and i was wondering if i can automate open office to help me generate the documents,
edit and print them prom my future program.

Please help me, i do not know the laws and i do not want to break them when
i will get my licence for the program.

Thank you very much.

O. Tudor Doru.

While I don't know about your automation issues, you are free to use OpenOffice.org as you wish, without paying for anything. It's a free download from www.openoffice.org