2009/4/17 Sylvia Barclay <sraebarc...@gmail.com>

> I have a Mac iBookG4 and am trying to use Open Office.  I am running Mac
> Version 10.4.11.  Open office doesn't want to run because it says it is not
> supported by this system.  Help Please,
>
> Sylvia

Hello Sylvia,

I have OpenOffice.org 3.0.0 running on my MacBook PowerPC (G4) with Tiger
(10.4).
Did you download the right version (PPC) ? It's not always easy to find Mac
versions.

I got mine from the Good-Day site. It's actually the 'release candidate no.2
, but in this case this release candidate was identical to the final version
of 3.0.1. There was no real 'official version' of OOo 3.0.1 for Mac PPC,
becaus ethe're weren't enough people to test it, but it works just fine.
You can download it from the Good-Day site:
http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/3.0.1rc2/
scroll down the list till you find
OOo_3.0.1rc2_MacOSXPowerPC_install.dmg<http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/3.0.1rc2/OOo_3.0.1rc2_MacOSXPowerPC_install.dmg>
i.e. the one without language or locale details, that's the US-English
version.

Download, then double click on the .dmg and copy OOo to your
Applications/programs folder.

Success!
--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua 3.0.1 on a iMac Intel DualCore Leopard