On Friday 03 June 2005 01:51 pm,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> was i ever surprised to see all my OOo Draw files
with
> embedded pictures not be able to pick up the
pictures
> after moving my folder to a new, better organized,
> location.
>
> after the heart medication took effect, i moved the
> folder back and the pictures were found again.
>
> how can i move this folder without losing access to
my
> manifest file (i think based on a google)?
>
> i created some docs in the new location...  do i now
> have to manipulate to manifest files?
>
> i'm using winxp right now, but will likely migrate
> linux shortly, so any differences you can mention
> related to os would be appreciated.
>
> tia...

     You said you embedded the picture, but my
experience indicates you
may have linked them instead. What is the size of the
Draw files? If it
is less than 10K, the graphics are most likely linked
rather than
embedded.
     When you insert a graphic in Draw, there are two
choices at the
bottom of the Insert Graphics window: Link and
Preview. Preview allows
you to look at the Graphic before actually inserting
it. If Link is
checked (ticked), then there is a link to the graphic
file. It is not
embedded. If you move a Draw file with linked
graphics, it will act as
you described.
     I would suggest you open the Draw file and delete
each graphic.
Then insert the graphic again making sure Link is not
checked (ticked).
This should embed the pictures, and you will be able
to move the file
while keeping the access to the pictures.

Dan

-------------------

dan, thanks.  i followed the process to insert a
picture and noticed the link and preview check boxes.

link is not checked by default.  i assume that means
embedded is the default.  also, i deleted the pictures
i imported into the document and they still show up in
the document.  that also leads me to believe they are
embedded.

i could be wrong, though.

if i'm right, i think OOo stores embedded pictures in
a file location outside the document itself (manifest
file?).  i think i broke this reference when i moved
the location of the folder.

either that or i have no clue... which is a real possibility.