I'm well aware of the Export to PDF option in OOo.

This  is one major reason I installed it.

HOWEVER...when I went to open and then export the files to PDF using OOo, the pages did not display properly in OOo, and so did not export as PDF properly.  So thus I went back to MS Word and used PDF Creator from SourceForge to do the same thing I tried in OOo but without having to "fix" the formatting all over again.

- Eric.

Robin Laing wrote:
ECJB wrote:
I have some documents I had opened using 1.9.104 and went to export to PDF.  I did it in such a hurry I didn't realize until I opened the PDFs (and went back and opened the .doc files in OOo again) that OOo mis-displayed them.  The formatting was critical to "get it right" so that the pages displayed on one or two pages, as required for flyers.  They use fancy formatting (not mine) to achieve their layout.

The .doc files are at http://www.ecjb.dns2go.com/~jl/presskit/2006/doc/ <http://www.ecjb.dns2go.com/%7Ejl/presskit/2006/doc/> and the PDFs I generated using MS Word (and PDFCreator from SourceForge [http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/]) are at http://www.ecjb.dns2go.com/~jl/presskit/2006/pdf/ <http://www.ecjb.dns2go.com/%7Ejl/presskit/2006/pdf/>

This web server runs on "My Computer" and is subject to reboots and the like, but is usually up about 99% of the time.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me.

- Eric.

If you want them as pdf files, why not create the pdf files in OOo. Click on File > Export as pdf.  All in one simple package.

Exporting and then importing into another program can and will most likely cause formatting changes.  You probably noticed the warning when you saved the file stating this.

--

“Normal does not, and can not, exist.  The definition of normal is: 'what most people are.'  There is no group of people who are exactly alike.  Therefore, there is no such thing as normal.  This makes being abnormal, the norm.”  — ECJB.

http://www.ecjb.dns2go.com/~church/ — Rebuild of church website (ongoing) on my computer.  Original URL www.christswesleyan.org

http://www.simegen.com/staff/eric/ — Some of the work I've done for www.simegen.com

AIM: ecjb1969, ecjb122369  —  ICQ: 51795138
Y!: ecjb1969  —  MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]