On Wed, 06 May 2009 16:42:51 -0400
Came this utterance formulated by Gene Heskett to my mailbox:

> On Wednesday 06 May 2009, McLauchlan, Kevin wrote:
>
> >HOWEVER, less than two years ago, on this list, we had examples of
> >people not receiving the message footer parts. In fact I recall
> >receiving posts from _some_ posters (who posted only to the list, not
> >to individual members) where the incoming message did not contain the
> >unsubscribe administrivia at the bottom.  I forget what was the
> >source of that situation, but it might be relevant to some of the
> >people having trouble.
>
> Such examples are endemic Kevin.  So lets take a poll here.
>
> How many receivers of this list can see a quote by sci-fi author Ed
> Howdershelt at the bottom of this message?  if you can, your email
> agent is good.  If its stripped, your email agent is broken.  It
> really is that simple.

I could see it, and the unsubscribe information. But that isn't teh
point, not all email receive the footer in the first place.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416