Christina Godinez wrote:
I also have the same problem and up to now I cannot find the solution. the docx
were created by MS Office 2007.

--- On Fri, 5/15/09, David Patrick <webmas...@davidpatrick.name> wrote:

From: David Patrick <webmas...@davidpatrick.name>
Subject: [users] .docx documents do not import in OOo3.1 on OSX 10.5.7
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 2:07 PM

I have tried searching the various sources of information but with little
success.

I am having trouble opening .docx documents that have been emailed to me. These
documents have consisted of a series of text boxes with text inside them.

OOo3.1, and OOo3.0 before I upgraded, will open the document, but it loses
*all* the formatting. Instead it forces all the text to the top of the page.

As an example, I have placed the original, and a PDF output of what OOO3.1 does
to it at http://www.davidpatrick.name/openoffice.

Can anyone either tell me, or point me in the right direction for a solution to
this problem?

Many Thanks,
David

--David Patrick
webmas...@davidpatrick.name

Does MS have a .docx reader for Mac?

Actually it may not work anyway.  For Win-blank
they want you to use a 2003 reader and add the
add-on to read 2007 files.  AND their add-on
for .docx does not work for Word 2003.

Is there anyway you can get a "friend" to use
Word to remake them into .doc files?

I know that MS has placed some crap in their .docx
format that will not allow 2003 plus compatibility filter
add-on to read a large number of stuff.  Sometimes
OOo 3.x reads the .docx files better than Word 2003
with the MS's own filter.  Sometimes I cannot read
these files without Word 2007, not 2003/plus.

Good Luck.