NOTE: Cross-posted to website, user, api, and documentation mailing lists.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I finally figured out how to add the FCKeditor (a WYSIWYG rich text
editor) to the OpenOffice.org wiki (it was held up by a long standing
error in the pHp backend that I fixed this morning).

The FCKeditor is *OFF* by default for all users (including new users).
I set this by request from discussions we've had on this topic in the
past.  We can enable it by default for newly registered users if we want
 by changing an option in the Wiki preferences file... but for now it's
disabled for everyone, and must be explicitly switched on if you want to
use it.

To enable the FCKeditor:

1.  Log into the Wiki using your normal user ID.
2.  Click the "my preferences" link at the top of the Wiki page.
3.  Go to Misc.
4.  Remove the check marks in the boxes next to the option "Disable rich
editor".
5.  You can toggle other options related to the rich text editor
depending on your preferences.
6.  Click Save.

This editor has many nice features beyond the basics for editing... for
example adding Templates of Categories - you can pick them from a drop
down list.  So... test it out.  Let me know if there are any issues
(please discuss on the d...@website.openoffice.org mailing list).

Note: You can always toggle the editor off with the "Disable rich
editor" link at the top of the page you're editing if there is something
on the page that is causing problems in the editor.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead