On Fri, 29 May 2009 09:58:06 -0800
Came this utterance formulated by Hannah Knapp to my mailbox:

> Hi, I'm using Open Office 3.0 and I love it! the only problem is that
> my professor won't accept any paper that can't be opened in Microsoft
> Word. Can I save documents in OO and have them be opened in Microsoft
> word? How do I do this?
> Thanks,
> hannah

Use "File -Save As..." from the menu.
Then select "Word 97,2000,XP" format in the filetype dropdown list.

To ensure these file are OK, open them at school in the supplied copy of
Word and check the layout before posting them for your professor.

It seems that many schools have not yet recognised that ODF formats are
an international ISO standard. Lagards!

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416