A non-techie user wants to start using Impress to make slides for his
presentations. Until now he has been making .bmp slides in Paint!

He wants to know if Impress can animate a slide like this:
1) The slide consists of a fullscreen photograph with a border, and a
text box with a border somewhere on the slide
2) The fullscreen photograph fades in quickly, but the text box is not seen
3) A dot appears on the screen, and expands horizontally into a line
4) The line then expands down into a box
5) The text appears in the box

I really do not have the hours to spend figuring this out for a
potential user, so if someone could say "yes, this is possible" that
would be great. Thanks!

Note: he does not yet have OOo but I suppose that I would install
version 3.1 for Windows for him, unless someone says that an earlier
version would be better for the task. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il