Joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:I'm not up on Active Sync, but at the risk of
stating the obvious:
When I installed OOo 1.1.4 I selected Palm support. It's one of those
hidden options you have to expand. What that does is add AportisDoc way
at the bottom of the File->Save As pick list. This saves the file as a
.pdb which the Palm can use. Just put it where your sync looks for
things to install, etc.

On the other side of it, my Tungsten E came with Documents To Go 6.0
which can handle native word .doc files directly, so the problem can be
solved either way. You just have to get the file "registered" for
syncing however your sync program does that. I just use kpilot and
pilot-xfer which both work fine for Linux (once you get used to coddling
the usb challenged 2.4 kernel that I still have.)

HTH

Joe

Georg Schmidt wrote:

> Thank you guys,
>
> I guess it is best to save all documents in word format and then sync.
> The OpenOffice help is a bit misleading here then, because it
> suggested you don't have to convert it to another format first. Well,
> it's not a big deal.
>
> Georg
>
> Peter Kupfer OOo wrote:
>
>> GC Fraser wrote:

>>> I have found it easier to save my files to the required format (.doc in
>>> my case) using OOo File|Save as... Then let ActiveSync make the
>>> conversion. It will see your files as MS Word documents and convert
>>> them automatically.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> MM
>>

>> I think that is best for Pocket PCs (Windows CE based) but will not
>> work for Palm PCs unless you have a program that deals with MS files
>> on it. :(

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and
politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." -- Mark Twain