From: Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [users] background and art
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 8:23 PM

At 15:22 25/06/2009 -0700, Kathy Brown wrote:
> I just downloaded OpenOffice, clicked on the gallery and got a bunch of
> backgrounds, but how do I get the background to show up in the text area?

o  Right-click on the chosen background and go to Insert > | Background > |
Page, or Insert > | Background > | Paragraph, as appropriate.

> also, can I place art on the page? if so, how might I do that?

Either
o  open the graphic in a suitable application, copy, and paste into Writer, or
o  go to Insert | Picture | From File... and browse to your graphic file.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker