Hi,

Impress jumbles the content to an extend that makes it almost impossible to
use it. Maybe someone can help me to nail this down.

I started with an M$ Powerpoint presentation which I imported into Impress. At
first I continued to process the document in ppt format, later I changed to
the native Impress format, but it didn't make any difference. (By the way, I
am using OOo 3.1.0.)

My page size is A4, i.e. 29.7cm x 21 cm. Certain actions completely scatter
the content of the page (not that of the master, however) to a box of a size
around 60cm x 40cm. Most of the content will thus no longer be visible. At
first I thought, it disappeared. I noticed this using <ctrl> + A which marks
all content of a page. The marked bounding box has a large size. When I make
this box smaller, all contend is displayed again, but scattered and jumbled.
Note, however, that the content is not just scaled. The content that is still
visible before I re-size the bounding box is completely jumbled. I have to
reformat the whole page.

The actions that produce this effect are (at least):

-Copy a page (the inserted page is messed up)
-Change the page format, e.g. the page margins or anything other

There should be more, which I don't remember.

-Karl