At 15:01 11/07/2009 +0530, Jayeshgiri Goswami wrote:
I am using open office.org 3.0 since last week. I have password protected PPT file which could not open in simpress file.

The help text explains that OpenOffice can open files saved in some Microsoft Word and Excel formats with some varieties of protection, and says that other encryption methods are not supported. That suggests that password-protected files in Microsoft Powerpoint format cannot be handled.

Can you obtain an unprotected copy of the document from its source? Can you find and use an installation of Microsoft Office (at a friend's? at an internet cafe? in a library?) to open the file using the password and to save an unprotected copy - which could then be opened by OpenOffice Impress?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker