(I have posted this in the forum, but thought I would try the list as well)

We are converting 500 users from MS Office to OOo 3.1. Starting originally
with 2.4.1, we were delayed until the cross platform file locking was
restored in 3.1. We have to retain .doc etc compatibility with the rest of
the agency and for Blackberry attachments (using a corporate BES).

>From 2.3-3.0.1, files saved as .doc (word98/200p0/xp) were successfully
sent and viewed as attachment on our Blackberries. With 3.1 that is no
longer the case.

I can save the same document in 2.4.1 and 3.1, send them both to a
blackberry user and the 2.4.1. version will view as an attachment. the 3.1
version reports "unrecognized document format"

Any ideas on how to get this functionality back? I don't relish rolling
everyone back to 2.4.1

John E. Bintz
CEH IST
518-402-7474

Help Conserve Paper - Think before you print (and recycle when you do!)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or
sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise
protected by law from further disclosure.  It is intended only for the
addressee.  If you received this in error or from someone who was not
authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.