>>Hello Open Office Users,

I downloaded Open Office when I first set-up my new
computer, and I
loved it!  No problems.  However, a computer
technician I hired to help me
set up my new system downloaded a virus, and then
disappeared!  I had
to wipe my hard drive clean.  Now, as I attempt to
reinstall open
office, I seem to be stymied - it's on my desk top,
the files are extracted,
but I can't get it to run....I fear this might be
connected to
microsoft's free trial offer having expired and their
current attempt to
collect money from me.  The sytem claims it can find
no such file when I
punch in the file name on the "run" command.  When I
double click on the
icon, the program opens to show me the files contained
within it, and
that's it!

What can I do to complete the installation of Open
Office?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Anne Williamson<<

make sure you didn't delete the folder you downloaded
to set up the program.  i did that and OOo couldn't
find a file.

you re-download the zip file and extract it to the
same location you extracted it to the first time and
the program should work again - if this was your issue.