2009/7/13 marleen jongen <marleen.jon...@sapo.pt>

> Dear Madam, Sir,
> Having already registred with Sun when downloading OpenOffice 3.1 on May
> 7th,09, I don't succeed in registering again with password and email
> address, after some software program (safety) removed this entry in my PC.
> As a result, I cannot open my database anymore.
> Do you have a solution ?
> Many thanks,
> kind regards,
> marleen jongen

Sorry but I do not fully understand your problem:

1. Are you talking abut the *free* software called OpenOffice.org which you
download from www.openoffice.org?

Or are you talking about StarOffice which is not free and which you get from
http://www.sun.com/software/staroffice?

If you are talking about StarOffice then you need to contact Sun to resolve
your difficulty.

The reason this is not clear is that with OpenOffice.org you don't need any
e-mail address or password to use the software or to download new versions.
When you install OpenOffice.org it does ask you to register but this step is
not necessary - you can say "never register" or "already registered". The
only reason for registering is to provide the makers of the software with
information about how many people are using the various different versions
and, roughly, where they are located around the world.

2. You say "As a result, I cannot open my database anymore". Please, which
database are you talking about? OpenOffice.org doesn't keep any databases. I
don't know about StarOffice.

3. There is a support forum for OpenOffice.org at
http://www.oooforum.org/which requires that you register before you
can ask questions or send
answers. This does require a username and password. If you have forgotten
your password, click the "I forgot my password" link under the Log In
prompt. They will send you an e-mail.

Please explain in more detail so that we can help you resolve your problem.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England