Lee Hughes wrote:
If I follow these instructions;
!. There is no "standard fill format area" there is a Default format area  but
it only has Open Office choices no Microsoft .doc choice.
I need that to send for example resume that do not accept .odt file format.
 From Open Office Help Menus:
Saving Documents by Default in Microsoft Office Formats

Choose Tools - Options - Load/Save - General.

In the Standard file format area, first select a document type, then select the
file type for saving.
>From now on, if you save a document, the File type will be set according to
your choice. Of course, you still can select another file type in the file save
dialog.

Lee, the instructions you are quoting here refer to the ability to change the formats used by default. As was pointed out in another response, the Save As dialog lets you choose a format for a particular file. But if you really want to change the defaults, you should be able to match up a document type (such as Text document) with a format (such as Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP) by selecting the appropriate items from the dropdown lists. Might it be that you didn't scroll up on the second list? The Word choices are earlier than the ODF ones on the list, at least in my Windows version.