william drescher wrote:

> Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> william drescher wrote:
>>
>>> Usually when I open a unix file I am given a window that asks how
>>> to handle it.
>>>
>>> Now I am trying to open a unix file and don't get that window so
>>> the nl -> cr/nl translation is not done and it is not formatted
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> How can I force the translation and/or open it correctly.
>>>
>>> I am on WinXP, opening a file that is on a samba mapped drive ?
>>
>> Select the filter "Text Encoded" in your file open dialog.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mathias
>>
> I don't find such an option:
> I have:
> file name
> files of type {but there is no pull down - just menu background}

I can't believe that. If you don't see any types when you click on the
small arrow that opens the popup, your installation can't work at all.

> version (which has an empty pull down)

That's OK, you won't see anything in here until you select and ODF
document, and most of the time you only will see "current version" as
not many documents contain different versions of it (created by
"File-Versions").

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".