Lars Nooden wrote:
Zach Fecteau wrote:
I was familiarizing myself with my newly downloaded copy of Open
Office 3.1  and was trying to take an Open Office Text Document and
open it with Microsoft Word 2007, but the document would not open
with Word. I was wondering if you could tell me if I was doing
something wrong or if there is a problem.

There is a problem with MS Office 2007, you can patch it with the ODF
plug-in from Sun:
        http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/get.jsp

MS has always been as weak in standards support, fortunately for the
document format there is a third party plug-in available.

Regards
-Lars

Have you seen anything about the compatibility of the plugin with the updated Office 7 (the one with the presumed ODF compatibility built in)? Can it be installed over the upgrade?