"Web Kracked" <webmas...@krackedpress.com> wrote in message news:4a7c3154.50...@krackedpress.com...
I just installed Ubuntu 9.04 on one of my machines.

Is there any thing I should know about dealing with
the Ubuntu version of OOo?

I want to start setting it up with all the extensions
I have on my Vista laptop, and such.

This is my first step to converting all but one machine to Linux.
Next will be an HP Athlon64 laptop that is running 32-bit XP/pro
that will be given a 64-bit OS so I can number crunch BOINC
projects faster.  Also that will be my default Linux machine.

This Vista one will go to Win7 when it comes out, and working properly.

But now I need all the help with Ubuntu 9 and OOo on Linux as I can get.

As far as I'm aware, the only major difference between OO on Windows and OO in Ubuntu is that the Ubuntu version won't access Email client address books to use for mail merge, labels etc. If you don't use this function, then there's no real differences AFAIK...