Don VanSyckel wrote:
I have a need to use and display fractions in a calc sheet. The problem is when "7/16" is entered calc displays "4/9". In examining the underlying cell contents it does list "0.4375" which is 7/16. 4/9 is 0.44444444...

The only way I can see to solve this is by having two columns, the first with text "7/16" and the second hidden with "7/16" as fraction, then use the hidden fraction in calculations. Not very elegant and possibly prone to error, but the best I can think of.

Any better ideas??

Also changes for:
9/16
9/32
11/32
5/64
8/11

Thanks, Don

Try FORMAT -> CELLS -> FRACTION. I selected -1234 10/81 as the format, and the cells display as you wish. If you wish greater numbers in the numerator and denominator you can add to the format code line.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA