What I want to do is compose a letterhead to use for my Advocacy work.

I want it to be the full width of the top of the paper, extending above the
regular page margins, to the top and sides of the paper.

I have tried following several tutorials, like this one:
http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/101243/index.html but I just get lost.

"We'll take care of that in a minute in case you want your letterhead stretched
across the top of the page. Experiment with these settings to get what you want
and click OK (see fig. 5)."

The instructions never produced anything close to what I need. I asked 5 or so
friends to try this, nobody got it working. It seems very difficult to get Word
or OO to go outside the margins.

              ____________________________
              |            ^             |

I want to fill that space with color and information.

I have a brand new Ubuntu 9.04/Jaunty and new Open Office.

Could someone help me with some very simple instructions?

Linda

Craig B. and Linda L. Hull
Advocacy for Life's Difficult Moments
Educational - Legal - Medical