On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:55:42 -0700
NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> dijo:

> On 08/11/2009 08:25 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > I have received a support question from someone using OOo on Ubuntu
> > 8.0.4. The computer is a Dell Netbook. The version of OOo is the
> > default that is installed with Ubuntu 8.0.4 - OOo 2.4 if I recall
> > correctly.
> >
> > The problem is that the Ctrl-Shift-u keyboard shortcut is not working.
> > However, the keyboard shortcut does work system-wide in all other
> > applications (Firefox, Gedit).

> Not an default (U)OOo problem - perhaps something in the user profile or
> an extension? I'd recommend temporarily renaming ~/.openoffice.org2 to
> ~/x-.openoffice.org-x, restarting (U)OOo and see if the problem still
> occurs in the new profile.

Thanks for the idea. It did not occur to me to tell the user to rename
her /.openoffice.org2 file.

The user did further inform me that she has another computer with
Ubuntu 8.0.4, and Ctrl-Shift-u works perfectly in OOo. Therefore, it
just has to be something in how OOo is configured on her Netbook. I am
curious what it could be, because I am in charge of a site used by
students and professors of linguistics to learn how to use IPA on their
computers (http://ipa4linguists.pbworks.com). I am the one who has to
respond to support questions relating to Linux and OOo. I've never had
this question before, so I want to figure it out so next time I'll be
ready with the answer.