JSz. wrote:

> In Writer:
>
> Is it possible to insert into a text document a reference to a text in
> another document?
>
> I need to work with a couple of documents taht share the same
> information. I'd like to put some data into the first document only, so
> that other documents get the data from the first one. If I change a text
> in the first document other documents should display the modified text.
>
> Something similar to "External data" function in Calc.
>
> J. Szymona

You can do this using 'Sections'.  Essentially, you set up your document with
the text that you want shared in sections which you then link to from the
destination document.  Any changes you make to the first document are
reflected in the destination document when you update the links.

See the Help under
Links - Inserting sections - inserting sections as a link.

--

John

johnmking...@yahoo.co.uk