I am trying to open a file that I created before I had a crash and had to
reinstall my system (I also went from openSUSE 11.1 to kubuntu 9.04).
Now when I try and open the file I get a pop up that tells me:

"Document file '<file name>' is locked for editing by:
John Kennedy ( 13.08.2009 17:38 )
Open the document read-only or open a copy of the document for editing."

I tried opening the copy and saving as the original document name with the
same type error. I also tried to delete the original file by hand and then save
the copy with the original file name. I get the same error.
How can I remove the "lock" on this file? I see no hidden files in the
directory.
Thanks,
John