I'm having some trouble importing data into a new Base database. I've had a database in a Windows program for many years and want to move it to something I can use on either my Mac (Tiger) or Linux, so Base seems like a good choice. In following the tutorial on the NeoOffice wiki at http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/To_Base_and_Back_Again, I did the following:

1. exported the data from my Windows application to a csv file
2. opened the csv file using OOO Calc
3. copied the rows from Calc (there are 664 records, or rows)
4. pasted the data into the Base table previously set up

The problem is that during the pasting, I'm getting an error message and not all the rows are showing up in the Base file. The error is about "Violation of unique constraint SYS_PK_61: duplicate value(s) for columns..." and is viewable at http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af313/mareich/computer/?action=view&current=ishot-7.jpg

Each time I try to paste the data, I get a varying number of records in the Base file. One time it will be over 400 rows, another time 580, another time less. I haven't yet slogged through the Base table to identify all the missing records, but at first glance they don't seem to be anything remarkable. Some are early in the file, others later. Also, if I copy a single record from the Calc file and try to paste that into the Base data, Base acts like it's working but nothing is pasted in the Base table. The error seems to refer to duplicate records in a date field, but the first record in the Calc sheet has a unique value in that field, and it isn't being pasted into Base. If I delete the key in the database (to avoid the duplicate value error), the paste operation results in a warning message about java (see http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af313/mareich/computer/ishot-8.jpg). In this case, only about 24 records are pasted.

I'm mystified as to what's going on and if anyone can offer sugestions, I'd appreciate it. I'd really like to be able to use Base so I can abandon my Windows database. TIA.