On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM, NoOp<gl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 08/31/2009 05:25 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to install openoffice from source code on a linux machine. I
>> run 'configure'. But I got the following machine.
>>
>> configure: error: cups/cups.h could not be found. libcupsys2-dev or
>> cups???-devel missing?
>>
>> I did a search. But I don't find a place where I can download the
>> source code for  libcupsys2-dev (note that I have to install packages
>> from source code, because I don't have the root permission in my
>> machine), Can somebody let me know where it is?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peng
>
> What flavour of linux (distro, version, etc)? You should not need root
> permission to install. However, if for some reason you do, then you can
> install to a home directory by following the instructions here:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel

I don't think that you answered my questions. I think that I need root
permission to install OO in a system directory. But I don't have root
permission. So I want to install OO in my home directory. I'm not how
the webpage that you mentioned is relevant to my problem.

Anyway, I read the following section. But I don't find ooo-dev* in the
OOO310_m11 directory of OO source code.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel#User_directory_configuration_for_3..2A_versions