At 19:16 06/09/2009 -0400, Joe Philbrook wrote (about the Format Paintbrush):
I'm glad there is such a tool... I don't suppose there is a keyboard method, involving positioning the text cursor with the arrow keys,and using some variant of ^C & ^V?

You can create a keyboard shortcut for the Format Paintbrush toolbar button:
o  Go to Tools | Customize... | Keyboard.
o  Under Category select Edit and under Function select Format Paintbrush.
o  Under "Shortcut keys" select the keystroke you desire.
o  Click Modify.

But I suspect you have to use the mouse to paint the formatting. When you are using this, you can cancel it if necessary either by using the same shortcut again or by pressing Esc.

I discovered that if I pre-positioned the text cursor on an appropriate paragraph, hit 'alt+O' then 'y' to open the style pop-up, ...

F11 is quicker.

But I note that if I'm NOT using the mouse to switch back to the pop-up I'll have to 'toggle' it off then on again with 'alt+O' then 'y' to restore the focus to it as it doesn't appear in the 'alt+tab' window switching menu...

Again, if I understand you correctly, F11 will toggle this off and on.

Brian Barker