At 20:35 09/09/2009 -0700, Gary Noop wrote:
I've tried every combination that I can think of (even formating cells to text) and still cannot figure out how to sort via a column with data like this:

Sail Number
USA 84
USA 604
USA 275
USA 35024
USA 103
USA 116
USA 38747
USA 72
USA 40
USA 87549
USA 41001
USA 52
USA 28719

Any suggestions?

One workaround would be to strip out the numerical values into a separate column and then sort on that. Depending on exactly what you are doing, you may be able to hide the extra column. Use something like:
  =VALUE(MID(Xn;FIND(" ";Xn)+1;99))
This will create a column of integers 84, 604, etc. The best formula to use depends on exactly what forms the data can take.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker