On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

 In a document I have inserted the .jpg image of my scanned signature.
Yesterday afternoon, this image properly displayed as it always has.
However, this morning it will not display at all. The image box is there,
but it has a default of "graphics1" inside the frame. Deleting the frame
and re-inserting the image yields the same results.

  Update: I upgraded OO.o to -3.1.1 and the same problem with inserted
images remains.

  It's not the specific document; I opened a new one and could not load
either a .jpg or .png image.

Rich