Satiesh Bansode wrote:
> Dear,
> I am planning to shift from ms office to openoffice 3.
> I have learned that its free, is it correct?

OpenOffice.org is a free download from www.openoffice.org.  You are free
to install & use it on as many computers as you wish.  You are also
encouraged to pass it around to others.  You can use it, no matter
whether you're on Linux, Windows or Mac.  Just download the correct version.
> also let me know
> whether it supports all the fuctions like email(outlook),word,excel and power
> point?

It doesn't do email.  Many people use Thunderbird for that function.  It
does all the rest.
> if i receive any doc file of ms office will it get converted automatically
> into openoffuce document file or i have to cnvert it?

It will be able to read & write MS Office files without you having to
convert.  However, when you create a file which has to be read by
someone with MS Office, you'll want to make sure you save in the
appropriate format.
> can i keep both the office on my laptop?

Yes.  I have done so on my work computers.